Ms. Danielle and Miss Campbell
Up Coming Events:
May 18 - No School
May 21 - No School
May 18 - No School
May 21 - No School
May 17, 2018
May 4, 2018 (May the 4th be with you!)
April 27, 2018
April 13, 2018
March 16, 2018
March 9, 2018
Teachers convention - no school February 15 & 16
Family Day February 19
We performed Snow White in the gym for the school
January 19, 2018
Further to the December Newsletter, we ask that you refrain from sending treats, baked goods and/or store purchased food items for your child to share with their classmates. Unfortunately, we will not be able to accept these items and return them to you. We appreciate your understanding and support to ensure that as a community, the health and safety of all of our students remains a priority. http://schools.cbe.ab.ca/b356/PDFS/newsletters/December%20Newsletter%202017.pdf
Friday, December 15, 2017
Friday, December 8, 2017
Our school will once again be accepting donations of non-perishable food items and/or cash donations in support of the Mayor's 29th Anniversary Food Drive. We are encouraging all families that are able to please bring a donation on the day of the Christmas Concert, this Thursday, December 14th. We are accepting donations any day this week. Thank you for your support!
Friday, December 1, 2017
Friday, November 24, 2017
Friday, November 17, 2017
Friday, November 10, 2017
Friday, November 3, 2017
Friday, October 27, 2017
1. Global News broadcasted the weather from our school
2. We had learning buddies
3. Today we practiced a fire drill we cleared the school in 1min and 40 seconds
4. We worked with the other classes to build a structure to withstand a hurricane
5. At the beginning of the week we had a lock down practice
6. Roots club started this week for some of us
7. Look for our cloud art at interviews
8. In math we started learning about place value
9. We are learning a new song in music for our Remembrance Day Assembly "Nothing More" by the Alternate Routes
10. We learned more about weather measuring devices and temperature
Friday, October 20, 2017
1. We made spiders with our kindergarten buddies
2. We worked on cloud art
Friday, October 6, 2017
1. We reviewed our math test
2. We started learning about clouds and the water cycle
3. In math we have started to learn about sorting and the word: attribute
4. We have been working on mapping out our personal narratives
Enjoy your fall break! Be safe!
Friday, September 29, 2017
1. We went on a field trip to Prince's Island Park
2. We wore orange shirts to show respect for the First Nations Peoples
3. We worked with our grade 4/5 team to get ready for our field trip
Friday, September 15, 2017
1. We wrote our goals on the computer lab
2. We worked on our reading stamina, we read silently for 17 minutes, our goal is 20 minutes
3. We made weather posters based on visual journaling
4. We made buddy books with our grade 5 and kindergarten buddies
5. Steve Harmer came and showed us how to be Hero's through a magic show
6. We had music this week
7. We learned the word decreasing.
8. We had our vaccinations (we were very brave!)
9. We signed our classroom rules
10. We played some tag games in the gym
Monday: Terry Fox run - please wear Gio Shirt on Monday
Thursday and Friday - Parent Teacher Interviews
Friday, September 8, 2017
This week we:
1. Talked about school rules
2. Completed our bridge challenge
3. Worked on our caterpillar problem - 2 of our students solved it!!!
4. Met with our kindergarten buddies
5. Continued to work on our soccer skills
Next week we have Seva food truck visiting!
Friday, September 1, 2017
Happy Eid al-Adha!
Friday, August 25, 2017
**IMPORTANT NOTICE: Seva Food Truck
This week we:
1. Met and helped our Kindergarten buddies
2. We had a special guest HOJA
3. We used the 5 finger rule and read books
4. We are almost finished our nametag art
5. We drew a diagram
6. We learned the days of the week song
7. We took pictures in music
8. We played spelling games (sparkle splat)
9. We did many brain breaks
10. In the mornings we share stories
Friday, August 18, 2017
Today we sent home many important papers. Please sign 4 of them and return them on Monday.
Please sign the 2 papers allowing us to take pictures
Please sign the medical form
Please check your address and phone numbers and sign
On Monday there will be a solar eclipse. Do not look at the sun! You can hurt your eyes!
Wednesday is picture day!
August 15, 2017
Welcome to grade 5 and 6!
8:15 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. and 12:50 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Early dismissal on Fridays at 11:45 a.m.
You do NOT need to buy school supplies for your child. Your child will be given the school supplies they will need.
Your child will be given a new backpack.
Please provide your child with a pair of indoor running shoes that can stay at school.
Please provide your child with a healthy snack and lunch. If you are unable to provide this for your child the office will have some lunches available. We also have a daily breakfast program.
Your child is expected to read at home for at least 20 minutes every day. Students will have a home reading bag that will have leveled books for them to read.